Supervisor & Sr. Executive Admin Assistant
Compensation: $67,700.00 - $97,400.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
What you ll be doing:
Provides a wide range of executive support and general administrative assistance to the Sr. Leadership team. Interfaces with all levels of employees, management team members, and external customers and business entities. This position will supervise a team of corporate service professionals. This role requires tact and diplomacy to handle confidential information with discretion.
Who we are:
Here at Tandem, Diabetes is all we do and we are dedicated to making the lives of people with diabetes better and better, through relentless innovation. In Tandem means together, and we strive to embody that in every aspect of our business. We believe that working in tandem, not in isolation, is the best way to continually exceed expectations.
We ve have been named one of the fastest growing insulin pump companies in the U.S! Why? Designed, assembled and supported from our San Diego, CA headquarters, Tandem has created the simple-to-use t:slim X2 Insulin Pump, which is the smallest pump available, the only color touch-screen insulin pump capable of remote feature updates, and the first CGM-enabled pump approved to let users make treatment decisions without pricking their finger.
Read more about our company & culture here: and see what our customers are saying here: #tsliminthewild
What you need for this position:
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Acts as a point person for senior management by managing multiple calendars to enable effective time management and communication within the organization.
- Acts as the administrative point of contact between the senior management and internal/external clients.
- Leads a team of corporate service professionals responsible for providing interdepartmental administrative support across multiple office locations.
- Responsible for monitoring and distributing workload among corporate service professionals and recommending appropriate staffing to meet the needs for the organization.
- Proactively solicits administrative needs from senior management, recommends appropriate staffing to meet the needs of the organization and anticipates potential issues to ensure smooth operations.
- Coordinates executive travel arrangements and creates itineraries.
- Manages the compilation and submission of executive expense reports.
- Schedules board of directors and associated committee meetings and coordinates meeting preparations by providing agendas, presentation packets and any lunches and/or dinners.
- Conserves executive's time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications; and communicating to others on behalf of the executive.
- Supports corporate insurance renewal process through the accurate and timely preparation of applications.
- Coordinates the general support for all corporate service functions.
- Responsible for organizing and communicating all corporate company-wide events and social gatherings and ensures they are within budget.
- Coordinates with the Boise site head on all company-wide activities to ensure the culture and events are similar in nature with San Diego Headquarters.
- Plans investor and corporate events including employee townhall meetings, investor bus tours and analyst events throughout the year.
- Manages external vendors and negotiates contract terms and renewals as needed.
- Supports the short-term planning for the department including headcount, budgeting, training, and systems requirements.
- Participates in the selection, development, performance appraisal, merit recommendation, and promotion of staff.
- Ensures department staff is properly trained, per designated training plan, before assuming job responsibilities.
- Confirms completion of required training plan before assuming job responsibilities.
- Ensures work and reception functions are performed in compliance with company policies, including Privacy/HIPAA, CHAP and other regulatory, legal, and safety requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Able to effectively share information regarding issues in written or verbal form and making recommendations in a clear and concise manner.
- Proven ability coordinating and executing large scale corporate events.
- Skilled at effectively communicating department or area issues and results within and across functional areas and conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific projects or timelines. Able to gain cooperation of others.
- Skilled at effectively leading a cooperative team effort and organizing resources to achieve team goals. Able to make and prioritize process and resource decisions based on overall team needs.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple priorities and complete assignments on time and with minimal errors.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and flexibility to function in a fast paced and innovative environment.
- Ability to handle sensitive information, and interactions with internal and external entities with tact and discretion.
- Minimum certifications/educational level:
- High school diploma
- Post-secondary school education preferred.
- Minimum experience:
- 5 plus years administrative support with experience supporting senior level executives.
- Prior experience leading/supervising a customer facing department and associated staff is preferred.
- A seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization.
- Resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways, demonstrating good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Normally receives little instruction on day-to-day work, general instruction on new assignments.
What s in it for you?
We ve got you covered. We offer a robust benefits package to support your health and your family. From medical, dental, and vision, to flexible spending accounts for both health and dependent care Tandem s got you covered!
Stay well with us. Enjoy the outdoors during your workday by biking, running, or walking on one of our nearby trails. Or check out our offsite gym, which boasts luxurious amenities including specialty fitness classes and state-of-the-art equipment.
Invest in your career. Tandem offers all employees access to training and development programs and courses to help keep your career and skillset updated, not outdated.
Live your life. Relax with 20 days of paid time off and celebrate 10 paid holidays in your first year. Save for your future with a company-provided 401(k) plan. Look forward to saving money on tickets to the San Diego Zoo, movies, restaurants, and so much more with our exclusive employee discount program.
Celebrate in Tandem. Join in monthly employee get-togethers, tacos for Cinco de Mayo, corned beef for St. Patrick s Day, costume-contest for Halloween, and the annual JDRF walk.* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...