Senior Administrative Assistant
Compensation: $67,700.00 - $97,400.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Are you a senior level administrative assistant with passion, drive and a desire for excellence? Are you ready to work for one of the top engineering consulting firms in the country?
Simpson Gumpertz & Heger Inc. (SGH) is a national engineering firm that designs, investigates, and rehabilitates structures, building enclosures, and materials. Our award-winning work encompasses building, energy, civil/infrastructure, and science/defense projects in the United States, Canada, and more than thirty additional countries.We want someone passionate about providing best-in-class support.
SGH is looking for a Senior Administrative Assistant who is enthusiastic, collaborative, highly organized, detail-oriented, and skilled in Microsoft Office. This person will provide administrative support for technical staff and will be based out of our new Oakland, California office. We need someone who is self-motivated, independent, and able to coordinate ongoing, long-term projects while simultaneously providing immediate, day-to-day support to clients and staff. SGH's Administrative team prioritizes and manages competing requests without compromising quality, working with staff of all levels, in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Administrative support includes general and technical proofreading, screening calls, travel arrangements, organizing meetings, managing professional licenses, drafting correspondence, and other duties as requested.
- Process documents which includes proofreading with attention to details, format documents with the approved SGH style, promote the highest quality and consistency of all documents produced by and for SGH.
- Process and file expense reports for technical staff.
- Assist in research projects for technical projects, using SGH's internal Library and internet resources.
- Manage and keep organized technical project materials.
- Manage technical staff licenses. Complete applications for new licenses and license renewals, update database with license information and monitor license renewal dates.
- Manage travel arrangements for staff, working in Concur and with our travel partner, Direct Travel.
- Coordinate administrative details and assist technical staff with meetings, events, presentations, internal training sessions, client seminars, etc. (e.g., technical lunch talks, client meetings, etc.).
What You'll Need:
- Eight plus years of administrative support experience in a fast-paced work environment.
- Technical document preparation experience (legal or civil engineering industry preferred).
- Excellent technical skills, including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and proofreading.
- A track record of excellent skills in organization, attention to detail and high level of quality, setting priorities and time management, communication (written and verbal), and customer service.
- A proactive self-starter with the ability to work independently on both routine and complex tasks, manage competing requests and priorities, problem solve, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, high-energy environment.
- Highly collaborative; wants to work in a team environment without a rigid structure, has a strong connection to team success, and ability to build strong relationships with teammates and others.
- Able to work a flexible schedule and overtime as necessary. Regular overtime may be necessary during times of heavy volume.
Why You'll Like Working at SGH:Our work
: Our clients partner with us for more than just technical knowledge. They come to us with their most challenging issues and we leverage our collective expertise to deliver exceptional results.Our people
: We are people of high character and diverse talents who work hard and laugh often. We offer robust wellness and employee assistance programs, paid time off and flexible work arrangements, and retirement plan options that include generous company contributions.Our commitment
: Committed individuals embrace an obligation to give back to others. We are driven to share our knowledge and energy outside of the office to help improve our chosen professions and local communities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, mouse, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level.
SGH has over 650 employees and offices in Boston, Chicago, Houston, New York City, San Francisco, Southern California, Waltham, MA and Washington DC.
SGH is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we value diversity in our workforce. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all job applicants and employees. We consider all qualified applicants and encourage individuals with disabilities and protected veterans to apply. If the application system is not accessible to you, or you need a reasonable accommodation to apply due to a disability, please email ...@sgh.com
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...