Unit Secretary - Ortho Neuro Surgical - PT Days
Compensation: $133,280.00 - $74,510.00 /year *
Employment Type: Part-Time
Industry: Healthcare - Physician
Loading some great jobs for you...
We Are HiringJoin our Ortho Neuro Surgical team as a Unit Secretary!Schedule:
Part Time, 24 hours, 2 days a week, Day Shift, 7 am 7 pm, Rotating weekendsWhat You Will Do:
As a Unit Secretary, you are an important part of the team and will ensure the smooth operational administrative function for the unit. Our fast-paced Ortho Neuro Surgical unit is a 42 private bed unit that provides care to a wide variety of patients. The primary patient population includes those admitted for orthopedic surgery, neuro, and general surgery.Why Join Ascension Sacred Heart?
Ascension Sacred Heart is a faith-based health system that provides a network of hospitals, outpatient health centers, physician offices, rehabilitation centers and a variety of other health services to communities in South Alabama and across Northwest Florida. Ascension Sacred Heart also includes a 99-bed hospital in Panama City where services include a Level II trauma center and advanced cardiovascular care.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.Responsibilities:
- Greets patients and visitors, answers/screens/routes telephone calls, files, distributes mail and performs other general clerical duties.
- Communicates with patients, families, physicians and other healthcare team members about patient care according to protocol. Schedules patients for individual appointment and in a timely manner.
- Provides assistance with programs/software for Physicians/Clinicians through the order entry processes, transfers and discharges. Assembles and maintains patient charts.
- Coordinates meetings/schedules meetings/rooms with the appropriate person, sends notices as requested. Maintains meeting minutes. Enters and maintains timekeeping changes and staff schedules in computer systems.
- High school diploma or GED required
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Medical front office or acute care hospital front desk experience
- Proficient in basic office procedures and computer systems
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong interactions with physicians, nurses, patients and families
Sacred Heart Health System is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.E-Verify Statement
Sacred Heart Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Associated topics: general surgery, laparoscopic, robotics, surg, surgeon, surgery, surgery physician
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...