Service Desk Coordinator - 9am-6pm
Reading Hospital in Reading, PA
- Industry: Administrative/Clerical - Executive Secretary
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $49,896.67 - 83,170.00 / Year*
Under the direction of the Service Desk Supervisor, the Service Desk Coordinator will be the first point of contact for Tower Health in providing front-line diagnosis and support for all Information Technology problems and/or requests for service. The Coordinator acts as the key contact for onsite and remote users for terminal and production problems and inquiries. The Coordinator must have the ability to handle and triage first level support calls.
Provides hardware support and hands on service and assistance to all members of the organization:
(1) Provide technical Service Desk support to all members of the hospital staff, both off hours and other times as required.
(2) Have a basic working knowledge of all hardware components and troubleshooting skills associated with the hardware.
(3) Work with technical support to enhance skills, learn new skills, and offer experience toward creating a more efficient operating system.
(4) Use network monitoring tools and established procedures, continually monitor network systems, reporting any problems to the responsible level of
Promotes communication among staff and other departments:
(1) Reports technology trends to Service Desk Supervisor.
(2) Demonstrates telephone professionalism and skills.
(3) Relates and responds in a courteous manner to all hospital personnel, customers and co workers.
(4) Notifies other departments of potential impact areas.
FIRST LEVEL PHONE SUPPORT
Acts as first level support for on site and remote users for terminal and production problems and inquires:
(1) Efficiently and courteously answers Service Desk Phones, Emails, and Voice Mails while assisting in problem resolution.
(2) Executes resolution workflow including problem receipt, triage, resolution and closure (when possible), and problem referral to the designated
(3) Responds to user requests for information and assist in problem resolution.
(4) Acquires and maintains current knowledge of relevant product offerings and support policies in order to provide technically accurate solutions to
(5) Follows established guidelines for escalating or referring issues to Service Desk Coordinators, resolver groups, and/or management.
(6) Provides ad hoc assistance to fellow Service Desk Coordinators.
SERVICE DESK DOCUMENTATION
Documents and maintains records of all Service Desk phone calls, emails and voice mails. Updates training manuals and Service Desk Knowledgebase.
(1) Provides thorough documentation of all reported issues within the Service Desk ticketing system.
(2) Becomes familiar and knowledgeable of Service Desk reporting tool software.
(3) Gathers and documents proper information from users to assist in guiding other levels of support in troubleshooting issues.
(4) Uses Knowledgebase and past trends in Service Desk reporting tool to assist in troubleshooting and problem resolution.
(5) Documents problems and resolutions in a timely, detailed manner.
- Passion for fantastic customer service
- Technical aptitude
- Critical thinking skills
- Excellent Communications Skills
- MS Office
- High School Diploma or GED
* Estimated salary