Compensation: $126,775.00 - $78,030.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Loading some great jobs for you...
Mayfield Brain and Spine is a trusted independent physician group. Our mission is to provide the best brain and spine care to the 20,000 patients we see each year. We offer a wide array of surgical and non-surgical treatments. We back up our decisions with sound science, research, and innovation. We provide comprehensive education. We deliver compassionate care. Superior outcomes are the rest. Mayfield's Clinical Operations Department is currently recruiting for a Medical Secretary to work in our West Chester office.
- High School graduate
- Minimum 2 years experience in an administrative assistant and/or medical secretary role preferred
- Practical knowledge of neurosurgical procedures and medical office processes
- Demonstrates excellent customer service
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks in fast paced environment
- Problem solving, problem prevention and decision making skills
- Ability to convey empathy
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain composure and restore calm in a stressful situation
- Uses good judgement and diplomacy when dealing with others
- Desire and ability to work in a team environment
- Computer proficient with ability to learn multiple software applications
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Help develop and maintain a corporate culture that supports the mission and values of Mayfield Brain and Spine.
- Act as a liaison between the physician and the patient by providing the patient with instruction from the physician, advising the physician of the patient's needs, and assuring that the physician is available to the patient whenever necessary, in person or by telephone.
- Maintain physician's calendar for both patient and administrative events. Handle all internal communications in an efficient, professional, and courteous manner.
- Document all patient interaction promptly and thoroughly into the patient's medical record. Maintain the internal order and arrangement of the patient medical record including a record of phone calls, changes in prescriptions, etc.
- Schedule and process hospital admission and surgery requests. Obtain insurance authorizations.
- Type or oversee the transcription of all dictation and correspondence ensuring that all physician dictation is processed in a timely manner.
- Complete and/or compose insurance forms, attorney letters, disability forms or other documents requested by the patient within 3-5 business days.
- Report the physician's hospital charges to the Hospital Services Department
- Maintain the filing of reports within the medical record.
- Provide administrative report to physician with regard to corporate and administrative activities.
Compensation and Benefits:
Mayfield Brain and Spine offers a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life insurance, short and long term disability, 401(k) and Profit Sharing, paid Holidays and Paid Time Off (PTO).
Qualified candidates should send their resume to ...@mayfieldclinic.com, fax to 513-###-#### or mail to Mayfield Clinic, Inc., Human Resources Department, 3825 Edwards Road, Suite 300, Cincinnati, OH 45209. Please indicate you are applying for the Medical Secretary position.
Mayfield Clinic, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Associated topics: care, family practice, general practice, hospitalist, nocturnist, outpatient, physician md do, practitioner, primary care, provider
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...