Fundraising Campaign Director, Man/Woman of the Year
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society in Portland, OR
- Industry: Executive Management - Marketing/Public Relations
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $87,640.00 - 194,740.00 / Year*
How many people can answer the question, "What do you do for a living?" with the answer, "I help find cures for cancer." At LLS, employees take our mission seriously. Whether you work in one of our chapters, are an accountant at the national office or a specialist in our Information Resource Center, you work each day on making our mission a reality: Cure leukemia, lymphoma, Hodgkin's disease and myeloma, and improve the quality of life of patients and their families.
Join us and give new meaning to the word, "job."
Responsible for managing and implementing the Man/Woman of the Year fundraising campaign or core event to achieve and exceed revenue goals for the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) in support of LLS' mission, within the region and/or chapter's chartered area.
Reports to: Senior Campaign Director or Area Director or Executive Director
Supervises: May supervise assigned staff
- Implement the comprehensive strategic plan for the Man/Woman of the Year fundraising campaign which includes organizational best practices, specific revenue and expense budget, timeline, logistics, volunteer activities and recruitment, marketing, logistics and sponsorship plan for each event
- Develop positive volunteer interactions through recruitment, mentoring, and providing comprehensive support for volunteer leadership and participants to develop and achieve personal fundraising plans, while focusing on the mission of LLS
- Implement organizational best practices with regard to recruiting and managing high level volunteers, revenue generation activities, expense and fiscal controls and marketing/promotions and logistics resulting in chapter revenue growth and achievement of revenue goals
- Responsible for supervising and training campaign and support staff in the delivery of special events
- Identify target audiences and build appropriate recruitment and fundraising strategies to successfully recruit, acknowledge, and retain and upgrade event donors/participants
- Utilize proven promotional activities ensuring the success of events and to enhance public awareness of LLS and its mission.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the on-going fundraising campaign, including fundraising efficiency (cost/expense), community engagement, event satisfaction, and overall success of the campaign
- Ensure media, material, in-kind and cash sponsorships are secured through a coordinated plan that includes proposal development, prospect identification, cultivation, retention and recognition
- Manage campaign materials required for the successful implementation of assigned special events including recruitment/promotional flyers and brochures, invitations, posters, training materials, pledge retrieval or motivational materials, etc
- Assist, as assigned, in the development and implementation of other chapter activities
- Maintain a working knowledge of the LLS's mission and programs to promote the Society's fundraising, research, and patient initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 6 years fundraising, sales, marketing, communications, event planning experience
- Previous experience as a Campaign Manager
- Collaborate with Mission Team ensuring success of patient access, education, public policy & advocacy and research
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of digital, social media & emerging online channels
- Strong background in volunteer recruitment, management and cultivation
- Capable of balancing multiple priorities effectively
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and committed to excellence
- Capable of working well with a variety of personalities and leadership styles
- Highly organized and professional demeanor
- Resourcefulness, promotions savvy and problem solving acumen
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite
Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- Physical demands are minimal and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- Work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations
- May be required to move Campaign materials weighing up to 15 pounds for various events
- Travel up to 20%
- Required to work evenings or weekends
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) does not accept resumes from third party recruitment/search firms. Please do not forward resumes to LLS employees or any company locations or email addresses. LLS is not responsible for any fees related to resumes not solicited by LLS Recruiting. The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.PandoLogic. Category: , Keywords: Campaign Director
Associated topics: ad, business, chief marketing officer, demand, event, hospital, market, product market, solicitation, university relationship
* Estimated salary
More Jobs Hiring Near Me!