Executive Assistant, Senior - TS SCI Req'd
Compensation: $54,380.00 - $76,380.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Industry: Defense/Security Clearance
Public Trust: None Requisition Type: Pipeline
**Position requires an in-scope TS/SCI clearance and polygraph.**
The Executive Assistant manages the overall workflow and coordination of a senior level office. Work includes scheduling; managing; and disseminating Senior Executive's calendar; controlling access to the Senior Executive; and preparing correspondence. This position requires wide latitude of discretion regarding workflow and priorities; in addition to in-depth knowledge of various executives' styles; methods of operation; and authorities.
Positions at this level are expected to interact with high-ranking officials within the agency and throughout the IC; Congress; the White House and the private sector. Intrinsic to the Executive Assistant's work is knowledge of the agency; the IC and other Government agencies.
- Answer and place telephone calls; direct calls; take messages; and follow-up accordingly
- Maintain an efficient office environment to include assisting in the ordering of supplies/equipment; arranging for office equipment repairs; coordinating office renovations; and participating in event planning
- Prepare read-ahead material for Senior Executives
- Receive; sort; and screen incoming mail; categorize; prioritize and prepare responses for Senior Executive signature
- Summarize correspondence; highlight key issues or topics of interest; and follow up to ensure proper and timely response
- Manage the workflow of multiple matters; within a continuously adapting schedule; for the assigned Senior Executive
- Prepare and review non-routine letters; memos; documents; and various reports for Senior Executive signature to ensure compliance with customer correspondence guidelines
- Prepare to host Senior Executive visitors to include passing security clearances and escorting
- Update and maintain records and files using the enterprise records management system
- Maintain an awareness of internal structural levels and hierarchy within the organization
- Assist and relieve the assigned Senior Executive of a variety of complex executive office support functions
- Manage all aspects of Senior Executive daily agenda to include scheduling appointments; preparing travel itineraries; schedule Very Important Person (VIP) parking; and making arrangements
- Research and prepare background information on meeting attendees and/or topics of interest for the meeting
- Process travel accounting/vouchers
- Disseminate schedule to appropriate staff and act as a liaison between the Senior Executive and others
- Develop creative approaches and alternatives to the resolution of issues and problems
- Performs various advanced administrative and secretarial duties in support of a company or customer executive. Typically supports executive(s) at the VP level.
- Prepares and types correspondence reports, presentation materials, and memoranda, usually of a confidential nature.
- Answers and screens telephone calls and responds to routine inquiries.
- Prepares and maintains files and other records.
- Schedules and maintains calendar of appointments, meetings, and travel itineraries, and coordinates related arrangements.
- May take dictation and transcribe notes.
- Processes expense reports.
- Creates spreadsheets and maintains databases.
- May provide work leadership to less-experienced administrative staff.
- Participates in special projects as required.
This role is not yet funded
Associates Degree in a related business discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience.
8-10 years of related administrative experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills ? Excellent oral and written communication skills sufficient to compose and deliver clear and concise responses
- Knowledge of proper English usage; spelling; grammar; punctuation and sentence structure to ensure that written materials prepared and reviewed are complete; succinct; and formatted correctly
- Skill to adapt to a rapidly changing work environment while maintaining flexibility and versatility
- Experience working with senior executives at multiple organizational levels
- Comprehensive knowledge of organization's policies; procedures; regulations; goals; vision; organizational structure; culture; philosophy; operating principles and values
- Extensive knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office and standard computer applications
Benefits of this Position:
- Opportunity for Fast Growth within the program
- Onsite Gym get your workout in before work, during your lunch break, or at the end of the day
- Professional Development Assistance Covering the Cost of Obtaining Professional & Technical Certifications (depending on program)
- Educational Reimbursement toward degree programs and individual coursework
- 401K Match with 100% vesting on day one
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage to keep you healthy, starting your first day
- We know work-life balance is important, GDIT offers Paid Time Off, Plus 10 Paid Holidays
- Parking and transit commuter benefits
Why Work at General Dynamics IT?
- Work with top talent and some of the brightest minds in your field
- Support missions that make a difference to our Nation
- Become part of an organization that that is committed to the highest ethical standards in all that we do
- Thrive in the stability of a large organization, with the ability to move onto new opportunities, supporting different missions, building your career within GDIT
- Want to move, or find a job close to home? We have positions in several locations in the United States and the world
- Enjoy a culture that supports work-life balance
General Dynamics is a Fortune Blue Ribbon Company and Clearance Jobs Top 10 Government Contractor.
General Dynamics Information Technology solves our customers challenges through future-focused technology and services, ingenuity and deep mission-knowledge. Partnering with government, defense, the intelligence community, industry leaders and cutting-edge technology companies, we deliver solutions that make a difference helping our customers to advance mission performance, transform operations and discover opportunities to build a better future.
' We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.Job Requirements:* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Loading some great jobs for you...