Eckerd Connects in Largo, FL
- Industry: Administrative/Clerical - Executive Secretary
- Type: Full Time
- Compensation: $50,510.00 - 74,510.00 / Year*
Eckerd Connects Community Alternatives
Eckerd Connects' Community Alternatives is the community-based care lead agency for child welfare services in Pasco and Pinellas Counties and manages one of Florida's largest systems of care, serving about 3,100 children each day. A Program of Eckerd Connects and governed by a community-based board, Eckerd Connects Community Alternatives has developed an integrated and collaborative system of care for safety, well-being and permanency of vulnerable and at risk children, while strengthening and supporting families. In its role as lead agency or "system manager", provides: adoption support; child abuse prevention; child placement; contract and fiscal oversight; foster home management; performance and data management; resource development; and utilization management.
Please follow the link for more information about this program:
Files and maintains client case files that are documentary evidence of the care provided to children served by Community Base Care program.
- Prepare assigned file sections according to Federal, state, agency, and Eckerd/ECA regulations.
- Sort, arrange, and file according to standardized file tab sections, ensuring timely and accurate filing. Examines and separates documents not appropriate to file.
- Inspect documents and apply specific guidelines handling recognizable and unrecognizable documents. Assist in locating information/materials in files for the client when client cannot locate information,
- Identify, remove, and shred duplicate documents found in files. Assists in location of missing materials for files.
- Prepare closed case files according to state guidelines, assist with moving files form active to inactive status on manual systems, assist in maintaining the inactive file system.
- Participate in cross checking records department work with other team members.
- Support various quality assurance functions, including but not limited to document date sequence and tab placement order.
- Facilitate customer service access to client case files.
- Upon proper legal request, assist with the processing of requests for information from a client s file.
- Seek approval from appropriate management staff when there is a need to access Protected Health Information (PHI) that falls outside the scope of normal job functions.
Other Duties Include, But Not Limited To
- Build positive relationships with staff members: share information with appropriate associates and willingly cooperate with others in the organization.
- Participate in training and development activities as required.
- Report any acts, incidents or conditions that reflect the possibility of inappropriate youth-to-youth or staff-to-youth relationships.
- Report any use of physical force and all unusual incidents per Eckerd policy and state guidelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required.
Experience: Two years office work experience required.
Skills: Ability to perform complex multi-level alphabetical sorting and filing. Computer experience in a Windows environment, Microsoft Office (Excel and Word), ability to learn and utilize other software programs. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Capacity to concentrate for long periods of time. Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures. Ability to work independently and utilize initiative, ability to be organized and to meet deadlines. Aptitude to recall, interpret, adapt, and apply specific guidelines and filing procedures. Ability to maintain regular consistent adherence to establish ECKERD safety procedures.
Physical Demands: Ability to sit at desk for long periods of time, and tolerate extended periods of data entry. Must be free of communicable diseases as required by the state and to the extent that knowledge is attainable under the law.
Other: Maintain an appropriate and valid state driver s license. Must meet state criminal background check requirements.
Eckerd wants your career to be as rewarding as possible. We provide our employees with numerous opportunities for growth, education, advancement, and the chance to contribute to business objectives. We offer competitive salaries and an excellent comprehensive benefits package including:
Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
Group Term Life and AD&D Insurance
Voluntary term life insurance
Paid short-term and long-term disability
Professional group liability insurance
19 days of Paid Time Off the first year
8 paid holidays
Flexible spending accounts
Retirement savings plan with employer match up to 5%
Cell phone plan discounts
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Employee Referral Program
Flexible work schedules
* Estimated salary
You may be interested in these similar jobs near Largo, FL!