Executive Assistant to the CEO
Compensation: $70,220.00 - $99,450.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Requirements:* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
To assure efficient, effective administration of the Office of the CEO, thus contributing to achievement of corporate, divisional and departmental goals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain sufficient corporate knowledge to provide efficient, effective support to the CEO, as needed. Such knowledge includes, but is not limited to, the company s mission, goals, programs, organizational structure, general operations, and external relationships, policies and procedures.
- Assist the CEO on special projects and initiatives including, but not limited to, a) preparation for and response to outside audits, b) development and maintenance of records and file management systems, c) tracking and trending of program data, d) researching and compiling of information, and e) preparation of reports.
- Manage the CEO calendar of events, including the scheduling of internal and external meetings, conference calls, local and out-of-town travel, and related activities. Make all arrangements needed to conduct such meetings including calls, reservation of meeting space and hotel or other travel arrangements. Coordinate scheduling for multiple attendees, when needed.
- Provide direction and leadership to all administrative staff within the divisions/departments reporting to the CEO based on work priorities, special projects, etc. as identified by the CEO, Division Vice Presidents and Department Directors. Contribute to performance appraisals for such administrative staff.
- Represent the company to external organizations, including but not limited to, government agencies, community organizations, area businesses, trade associations, providers and vendors, in a manner that maintains the integrity of the Office of the CEO and enhances the reputation of the company.
- Provide administrative support to the Board of Directors including but not limited to: 1) scheduling of Board meetings, 2) working with the appropriate staff that support each Board member to ensure their attendance, 3) distribution of meeting informational packets prior to the meeting and 4) arranging offsite meetings when necessary.
- Handle incoming telephone calls, resolve routine issues and/or screen and route calls appropriately.
- Place calls and communicate on behalf of the CEO as needed.
- Maintain current directories of internal and external contacts, including addresses, phone and fax numbers, e-mail addresses, and affiliations.
- Participate in the development and conduct of recognition events in collaboration with Divisional and Departmental management.
- Prepare and disseminate correspondence, reports, and other documentation.
- Maintain up-to-date subject-matter files, and revise the filing system, as needed, to assure appropriate classification and easy retrieval of materials.
- Provide additional administrative support in ways that directly or indirectly support corporate and divisional goals and objectives.
- Prepare check requests, expense reports, purchase orders and other internal and external forms.
- Perform other tasks as necessary or required.
- Bachelors degree, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of seven (7) years of secretarial and administrative support experience to VP or C-level executive staff in a relatively complex organizational environment, demonstrating progressive levels of responsibility over time.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, characterized by articulateness, diplomacy, tact, and the ability to effectively communicate facts and information in a positive, constructive manner both internally and to external individuals, groups or organizations.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills, appropriate to a business environment, characterized by the ability to clearly convey concepts and information, using appropriate vocabulary, grammar and, when writing, punctuation.
- Excellent organizational skills, demonstrated by the ability to anticipate needs and prepare appropriately, and to organize and complete tasks efficiently and effectively.
- Demonstrated intermediate to expert level proficiency in word processing (MS Word), e-mail, and automated scheduling and address/phone list applications.
- Demonstrated proficiency in spreadsheet (Excel), flow-chart and graphic presentation software.
- High level of energy, enthusiasm and self-motivation
- Ability to a) take initiative, b) use good judgment in making decisions, c) develop improved methods, procedures or techniques to enhance own performance, and d) work effectively with minimal supervision.
- High level of integrity as demonstrated by 1) appropriate treatment of confidential information, 2) adherence to policies, procedures, rules and regulations and 3) professional conduct.
Loading some great jobs for you...