Senior Executive Assistant
Compensation: $62,000.00 - $87,740.00 /year *
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Senior Executive Assistant is responsible for exercising discretion and judgment in assisting one or more executives. This position performs executive support tasks, which may be highly confidential and sensitive in nature, utilizing considerable independent judgment. This position performs high-level administrative work, including organizing, scheduling, coordinating, researching, compiling, and exchanging and analyzing information for executive(s) and the department. This role assists in implementing department activities and communications, both internally and externally.
- Coordinates office activities for the executive(s), prioritizes and follows up on information and requests to and from the executive(s), and updates the executive(s) on current issues as necessary.
- Assists in the planning, development, and implementation of department goals.
- Researches, compiles, assimilates, and prepares documents and briefs executive(s) regarding content.
- Reads and screens incoming correspondence and reports and handles or forwards as appropriate.
- Receives, screens, and prioritizes incoming calls and visitors and refers to appropriate executive staff or provides necessary information.
- Composes, types, and edits correspondence in response to incoming mail, calls, and other situations dictated by job responsibilities.
- Prepares agenda and collects and distributes materials for meetings and conferences. Transcribes minutes and keeps records of proceedings as required.
- Coordinates and facilitates executive's calendar(s) to arrange appointments, meetings, and conferences.
- Recommends actions to be taken on budget expenditures, equipment, and supply needs.
- Directs services, such as maintenance, repair, replenishing supplies, and files.
- Makes domestic and foreign travel arrangements for executive(s) and department. Prepares and compiles travel vouchers and maintains all travel records.
- Develops, compiles, and maintains various filing systems and informational databases and generates reports as requested or as scheduled.
- May participate in interviewing, selection, and training.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required.
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.
Associates degree in Business Administration or a related field. Bachelor's degree in a related field is preferred. Relevant combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree. Continuous learning, as defined by the Company's learning philosophy, is required. Certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred and encouraged.
Seven years of relevant experience, with a minimum of four years as an Executive Assistant or equivalent experience that provides the necessary skills, knowledge, and abilities. Prior insurance experience is preferred.
SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to compose correspondence.
- Knowledge of organization, company, and departmental policies and procedures.
- Excellent working knowledge of computers and company standard software.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize work.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality on all levels and at all times.
- Ability to use independent judgment and initiative and to anticipate the needs of executive(s) and accomplish tasks without direction.
- Excellent skills in proofreading of documents for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and presentation.
- Significant ability to establish work flows, manage multiple projects, and meet necessary deadlines, while maintaining proper relations between executives, managers, and customers.
- Ability to manage responsibilities and unexpected pressures and dilemmas.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to comprehend consequences of various situations and make appropriate individuals aware of same for decision making.
- Ability to exchange information clearly and concisely and to present ideas, report facts, and other information.
- Ability to follow complex instructions and to apply instructions and guidelines in the disposition of problems.
- Ability to use diplomacy, discretion, and appropriate judgment when addressing callers.
- Ability to perform necessary mathematical computations.
- Ability to perform other assignments at locations outside the office.
Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards. Travel is required.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an 'at will' basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.
Loading some great jobs for you...